How to build a Simple Plank Coffee Table
A simple plank coffee table is an attractive addition to any space and can be easily built in a few hours. With the right materials and tools, you can make a sturdy and beautiful coffee table from planks.
- 4 Planks at least 2″ thick, 12″ wide and 2’6″ long
- Screws, at least 3/4″ in length
- Wood glue
- Table/Cabinet legs
- Wood stains and sealant (optional)
- Power drill
- Circular saw
- Double sided tape (optional)
- Protective gloves
- Cut the planks to appropriate length with the circular saw. For a 2’6″ table top, cut the planks to 2’6″ long.
- Use sandpaper to smooth out the edges of the planks if necessary for a neat finish.
- Apply wood glue on the edges of each plank and place them together. You can also use double-sided tape for extra strength. Place some heavy weights on the planks and leave it undisturbed for an hour.
- Drill holes on the edges of the planks and insert the screws. Alternately, you can use an air stapler instead of a drill.
- Let the table top dry for a couple of days.
- Attach the table/cabinet legs to the base.
- If necessary, you can apply wood stains and sealants to protect the wood.
And there you have it! Your very own simple plank coffee table – a great addition to your home or office!