Building an Octagon Coffee Table
Creating an octagon coffee table is a great way to add a unique piece of furniture to your living space. With a few tools and some DIY skills, you can craft an octagon coffee table that will be the centerpiece of any room. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
Tools and Materials Needed
- 8 boards: These come in various shapes, sizes, and materials as determined by your desired look.
- Saw: A saw is needed to cut the boards to the correct length and to make any additional cuts needed.
- Wood glue: For making joints and holding pieces together.
- Screws: To keep the boards together.
- Drill: To make pilot holes and attach the screws.
- Sandpaper: To smooth out edges and finishes.
- Stain: Or paint for the desired finish.
- Sealer: To protect the finish.
Steps for Building an Octagon Coffee Table
- Start by cutting your 8 boards to the desired size and shape. To ensure an even octagon shape, make sure each board is the same size and shape.
- Take 2 boards and create a 90-degree angle between them. Using the wood glue, apply a small amount to the ends of the boards and join them together. Secure them with screws.
- Take a third board and line it up with the end of the 2 boards. Glue and secure it in the same way.
- Repeat this process until all 8 boards have been attached in an octagon shape. Make sure all of the angles are at 90 degrees and that each board is secure with wood glue and screws.
- Once the octagon shape is complete, you may want to sand the edges of the boards to give them a smooth finish.
- Once the edges are sanded, you can apply a stain or paint to the boards. Once the stain/paint has dried, you can apply a sealer to help protect the finish.
- Lastly, you can place your new octagon coffee table wherever you’d like in your home.
Building an octagon coffee table is a great way to bring a unique piece of furniture into your living space. With the right tools and a bit of DIY effort, you can build an octagon coffee table that is sure to become the centerpiece of any room.