How to build a Hockey Stick Coffee Table
Creating a hockey stick coffee table is a great way to liven up any room. This timeless piece will be a source of pride for hockey fans and casual decorators alike. Here’s how to make a hockey stick coffee table of your own:
The first step in making a hockey stick coffee table is to find and gather all the materials you need. You’ll need:
- One hockey stick
- One piece of 1/2-inch plywood
- Four 1-1/2 inch furniture pads
- Wood glue
- Eight 2-inch wood screws
Once you’ve collected all of your supplies, make sure to inspect your hockey stick for any damage or imperfections before beginning your project.
Cut and Assemble
Once you’ve gathered all the supplies, you’re ready to start building the coffee table. Start by cutting the piece of plywood to a size of 36 inches by 24 inches. Once the plywood is cut, it’s time to assemble the table.
- Lay the plywood on a flat surface and center the hockey stick on top.
- Using a pencil, trace the outline of the hockey stick onto the plywood.
- Drill four holes along the outlined bottom of the stick.
- Apply a generous amount of wood glue around the edge of the stick.
- Secure the stick to the plywood with the screws.
- Add the furniture pads to the bottom of the coffee table.
The last step in making the hockey stick coffee table is to finish it off. Sand down any rough edges, and apply the paint of your choice.
And there you have it! Once you’ve completed all the steps above, your coffee table is ready to be displayed and enjoyed. With just a few items and some know-how you’ve created a unique and timeless piece of furniture that is sure to bring a smile to your face.