How To Build A Country Coffee Table
A well-crafted coffee table can make a great statement piece to your home. With the right supplies and a bit of time and effort, building a country coffee table is easy. Here are the steps to get started:
- Table saw
- Wood glue
- Four table legs
- Two sheets of ½-inch thick plywood for the tabletop and shelf
- Wood finish of your choice
- Utility knife
Create The Table Top
- Start by cutting the plywood to size. You can use the table saw to get a straight edge, or use a utility knife if you do not have access to one.
- Use wood glue and screws to attach the two pieces of plywood together so they form the tabletop.
- Sand the surface of the table top to have a smooth and even finish.
- Apply wood finish to the top.
- Let dry.
Assemble The Legs
- Place the four legs around the table top and attach them using wood glue and screws.
- Be sure to make sure that the legs are secured tightly and evenly spaced out.
Secure The Shelf
- Use glue and screws to attach the shelf to the legs.
- You may want to use clamps to hold the shelf in place while the glue dries.
- Be sure not to over-tighten the screws, as this can cause the wood to crack.
- Check the table to make sure all of the joints are secure and that there are no gaps between the table top and legs.
- Finish the table with a wood finish of your choice to get the look that you desire.
- You can also add decorative touches such as knobs or handles for the drawers, if you choose.
Enjoy Your Table
Your newly-built country coffee table is now ready to be enjoyed. You can either use it as a functional piece of furniture in your living space, or as a statement piece in your home. Either way, you can appreciate the care and effort that you put into building it.