How to build a Coffee Table with Lift Top
Coffee tables with lift tops provide extra functionality to a living space. Not only can they act as a stylish attractive piece of furniture, they can provide a practical solution where space can be hard to come by. This project is fun and straightforward, and with some patience and the right tools, you can have a DIY coffee table with lift top in no time.
- Circular Saw
- Table Saw
- Miter Saw
- Kreg Jig
- Wood Glue
- Step 1: Pre-cut all the materials, and begin by building the box frame that will form the basic structure of the table.
- Step 2: Attach the vertical sides to the top and bottom, these will support the lift top.
- Step 3: Construct the lift top. This will be the hinged lid that provides access to the storage space beneath the table.
- Step 4: Attach the top to the box frame using hinges. Make sure the hinges are strong and secure, as the lift top will be the main action point of the table.
- Step 5: Attach foam padding to the seat of the lift top. This will provide a comfortable surface when the lid is raised.
- Step 6: To finish off, attach legs to the underside of the box frame, and then add the decorative trim to complete the look.
With some patience and the right tools, anyone can learn how to build a Coffee Table with Lift Top. This project can add style, versatility, and storage to any living space. It’s fun, straightforward and will provide a practical solution to help you make the most of any space.