How to build a coffee table easy
Your living room needs a new center of attraction and you know it, and what better solution than a custom-made coffee table? Plus, designing and building one yourself is a pretty straightforward project that won’t take much of your time. Here’s what you have to do:
Tools and Materials
- Power drill
- Screwdriver set
- Table saw
- Circular saw
- 2x2s and 2x4s
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
- CUT BOARDS TO SIZE: First, measure the area where you’ll be placing your coffee table and mark the measurements on a piece of plywood. Cut the plywood using a table saw on long and straight cuts, and a circular saw on curved cuts.
- PUT 2x2s AND 2x4s TOGETHER: Gather enough 2x2s and 2x4s and cut them to the size of the top board that you’ve just measured. Drill some holes into the boards and use wood screws to put them all together. Make sure that all edges are even.
- ATTACH PLYWOOD TO THE FRAME: Now it’s time to attach the plywood to the frame. Use wood glue to lock the wood together, then use wood screws to secure it in place.
- SAND EVERYTHING: Now carefully use sandpaper to sand the surface. This will help you refine the look of your coffee table and make it smooth.
- FINISH YOUR TABLE: In order to protect the wood and give it a nice finish, use a coat of varnish. Make sure to apply the varnish evenly and carefully.
There you have it – your own custom-made coffee table! With just a few tools, some simple materials and a little bit of patience, you can easily build your own piece of furniture. Good luck!