How to Build a Coffee Table Base
If you want to make your own coffee table, you’ll need to assemble a base for it first. Follow this article for an easy guide on building a strong, stylish, and sturdy table base.
Things You’ll Need
- Measuring tape
- Wood glue
- Wood screws
- Wood boards
- Table saw
- Measure the wood. You’ll need four boards of identical size for the sides of your table, as well as two or three shorter boards for the underside, depending on the size and shape of your table.
- Cut the boards to size. Using a table saw, cut the boards to each size you need, including the sides and underside.
- Sand the boards. Use sandpaper to smooth the edges and surfaces of each board.
- Put the sides together. Use wood glue and wood screws to attach the sides together into a square or rectangular shape.
- Attach the underside. Place the underside boards within the sides, using wood glue and wood screws to attach them.
- Let it dry. Give the base time to dry and set properly.
Once the base has been assembled, you’ll be able to use the top boards of your choice to make a beautiful coffee table. Congratulations on building a strong and lasting table base!