How to Build a Barrel Coffee Table
Coffee tables come in a variety of sizes and shapes, but none stands out as much as a barrel coffee table. Barrels were once used to store valuable items such as wine, liquor, and food and make a unique statement in any home. Building a barrel coffee table is a relatively easy and fun project that can be done in a few hours.
- Wooden legs or furniture feet
- Wood screws
- Drill and drill bit
- Sand paper
- Paint or varnish (optional)
- Prepare the barrel: Start by cleaning the barrel with warm, soapy water and a sponge. Rinse and dry the barrel, and then sand it to give it a smooth finish. If you’d like, you can paint or varnish the barrel to give it a different look.
- Attach the legs: Measure and mark the spots where the legs will be attached to the barrel. Then, drill a hole in each of the markings and insert a wood screw through each one to attach the legs.
- Assembly: Place the barrel on its side and carefully screw the legs in to the barrel. Make sure the legs are even and tight.
Once the legs are attached and the table is assembled, you can then move it to wherever you like. Add a few decorations such as a glass top, books, or collectibles and you’ll have a stylish and unique piece of furniture to enjoy for years to come.