How to Attach Coffee Table Legs
Gluing and screwing are the two main ways to attach legs to a coffee table. While gluing is simpler and quicker, these fastenings tend to be weaker than screws and thus provide less stability. This guide explains step-by-step how to use screws to attach legs to your coffee table.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Coffee table
- Legs for coffee table
Step by Step Guide
- Measure and mark the places where you will drill so the legs fit perfectly. Each end of the legs should be flat against the floor and the coffee table.
- Drill pilot holes into the underside of the coffee table. Make sure the depth of the pilot holes is slightly deeper than the screw length.
- Attach the legs. Insert the screws into the pilot holes and connect each leg to the coffee table.
- Tighten the screws until the leg is fastened firmly in position.
- Repeat the procedure for the other legs.
As each coffee table is different, you may need extra tools and materials to complete this task. Follow the instructions provided in the product’s manual to ensure correct installation. If you do not have the manual, contact the manufacturer for more specific instructions.