Arranging Coffee Table Decor – The Do’s and Don’ts
Coffee tables are great for storing necessities and for decorative purposes. However, arranging them in a way that looks stylish and makes sense can be tricky. Follow these helpful do’s and don’ts to get the perfect look for your coffee table.
- Start with a focal point: Choose a few of your favorite pieces as the foundation of your table. This could be a nice vase, a unique sculpture, or statement art.
- Vary heights: Group high and low items for maximum visual impact and to create a balanced look.
- Bring in nature: Introduce natural elements such as plants, flowers, or pinecones.
- Incorporate color: If you have a neutral sofa and/or rug, try bringing in color with your coffee table decor.
- Don’t forget about texture: In addition to height and color, you can make your table more interesting by adding various textures such as fur, ceramic, and glass.
- Don’t overcrowd: The coffee table should be a designated place, not a shelf for random items. You don’t need to fill every inch of the table, remember that some negative space can be a good thing.
- Don’t skimp on trays: Trays are a great way to add style and help keep items in place. Look for ones that match with your color scheme or are made from a similar material to other items.
- Don’t ignore lighting: If your coffee table is in a dark corner, adding low-level lighting such as a lamp can really tie the look together.
- Don’t forget the practical elements: Your coffee table is not only meant to look good, but to be functional. Don’t forget to include things such as a coaster or remotes.
Following these tips can help you achieve a beautiful and functional coffee table decor. With a combination of attractive design elements, careful planning, and tasteful additions, you can create the perfect look.