How to Add Shelf to Coffee Table
A coffee table with a shelf underneath can be quite a useful and efficient addition to any living room. It can provide extra storage space, and it can also be used to place decorative items, such as collectibles or even books. Adding a shelf to a coffee table is not a difficult task, and you don’t need to be an experienced DIYer to accomplish it.
- Wood glue
- Measuring tape
- Measure the size of the shelf in relation to the size of the coffee table. You want to make sure that the shelf fits perfectly underneath the table and does not stick out. Use a measuring tape and mark the measurements.
- Once you have the measurements, use a drill to make the holes in the midspan center of the coffee table. You need to make sure that the holes are deep and wide enough for the screws.
- Next, place the shelf in the desired position, and use the screws to attach it to the coffee table. Make sure that all the screws are secured and firmly attached.
- Apply wood glue to the areas where the shelf and the coffee table meet. This will help create a stronger and more secure bond, ensuring that the shelf will stay in place and will not slide.
- Once the glue is dry, the shelf is ready to use.
Adding a shelf to a coffee table is a relatively simple and straightforward task. All you need are the few materials mentioned above and a bit of patience. Once it is done, you can enjoy the extra storage space and decorative appeal that the shelf can provide.