Adding a Shelf to Your Coffee Table
Adding a shelf to your coffee table can give it an updated look and increase its storage potential. Here are some simple steps to follow when adding a shelf to your coffee table.
Steps to Adding a Shelf to Your Coffee Table
- Measure the coffee table – Measure the length and width of your coffee table to determine the right size shelf to use. If possible, select a shelf that is slightly smaller than the dimensions of the coffee table.
- Select the shelf – Select a shelf that matches the décor of your room or is the same material as the coffee table. Aim for the shelf to be lightweight without sacrificing strength.
- Gather the tools – Gather the tools you need such as a power drill, screws, measuring tape, spirit level and saw.
- Mark the positions – Use the measuring tape and spirit level to mark out the four points on the coffee table where the shelf will be drilled onto.
- Drill the holes – Carefully drill the holes into the coffee table so that the screws can secure the shelf.
- Secure the shelf – Place the shelf over the holes and secure it with the screws.
- Check the shelf – Check the shelf is secure, level and fit snugly onto the coffee table.
By following these simple steps, you can easily add a shelf to your coffee table. This will bring new life to your coffee table and allow you to store more items.