How to Accessorize a Round Glass Coffee Table
Does your living room need a refresh? Accessorizing a round glass coffee table can add a touch of style, inject personality and bring together the overall look in your space. Here are some tips to spruce up your tablescape:
1. Start with the centrepiece
A centrepiece is an eye-catching adornment that draws the focus in your living area. Choose a unique statement piece with a varied texture, shape and form. Consider options such as:
- Large succulents – combine different shapes and sizes for a modern, vibrant look
- Focal sculptures – such as decorative silver items or gold statues
- Faux florals – for a pop of colour, choose blooms in bright hues placed in intricately designed vases
From here, use the centrepiece as inspiration to build the rest of the tablescape.
2. Layer in interesting details
After you’ve settled on a centrepiece, add other interesting elements to create a balanced look. Pick up on corresponding shapes, sizes, textures, and colours to bring together the overall look. Here are some ideas to explore:
- Books & Magazines – add a stack of publications for a cosy, library-inspired look
- Velvet coasters – layer different patterns and vibrant colours
- Decorative trays – feature organic shapes and interesting materials such as mother of pearl and jade
- Lighting – consider a lamp or a lantern to bring warmth to the room
The key is to create a visual story on your coffee table, such as transitioning from large elements to medium and small accessories.
3. Get inspired by nature
Looking for fresh ideas? Gather bits and pieces from nature, such as crystals from your last beach holiday or pinecones from your last walk in the park. The power of nature can bring interest and life to a tablescape – without having to spend a cent.
Go bold, mix and match patterns and textures to truly make your coffee table unique. And don’t forget to rearrange and rotate your accessories. This will give your living area a fresh, new look each time.
At the end of the day, the coffee table is an opportunity to show off your signature style. Have fun with it and be creative!