How Much Does It Cost to Make a Coffee Table
A coffee table is an essential addition to any living room, it can provide a great focus and accent to a room as well as being indispensable for everyday activities like holding books, magazines or snacks. But how much does it cost to construct one?
There are several materials you can use to make a coffee table;
- Wood: the most common and versatile material for making a coffee table. Prices for wood can range from inexpensive lumber depending on the type of wood you choose, and the finish you want.
- Metal: you can use metals like steel and aluminum to construct a coffee table. You may need to get a professional to weld the steel to give it a strong and long-lasting finish.
- Glass: Glass is another popular choice although it tends to be more expensive and can require professional installation.
- Upholstery: you can fabricate a coffee table using fabric and foam for a luxurious look that can be quite expensive depending on the type of upholstery and fabric you choose.
- If you are able to build the coffee table yourself then you may just need to pay for the materials and tools.
- If you choose to have a professional fabricator make the table for you, then labour fees will also be included.
- You can hire a professional to sand, assemble, finish, and upholster your coffee table. These fees will add to the overall cost.
The cost of finishing the table can also vary depending on how you want it to look. You may need to buy varnish or paint, and if you’re upholstering the table then the fabric and padding costs need to be taken into consideration too.
Depending on the complexity of the design, the materials you select, and the costs for labor and finishing, the average cost of making a coffee table is anywhere from $50 to $500.
For more budget-friendly options, you may opt to buy a pre-made table from a store or even from online. The options are endless, it just depends on the style and budget you’re working with.