DIY Lightweight Concrete Coffee Table
Adding a unique and creative element like a lightweight concrete coffee table to your décor will make a major upgrade to your home. This two-tone modern concrete coffee table is easy and inexpensive to construct at home in a weekend.
- Cerrosafe lightweight concrete mix
- Table frame
- 2″ x 4″ wood
- Power drill
- Drop cloth
- Build the Frame
- Cut the 2” x 4” wood into 32” lengths.
- Connect the four pieces of wood together with the screws to form a rectangular frame.
- Attach the plywood to the top of the frame, using more screws and an electric drill.
- Mix the Concrete
- Mix the concrete with the correct proportions according to the instruction on the Cerrosafe packaging.
- Make sure to mix until all the dry material is absorbed into the water.
- Pour the Concrete
- Lay down a drop cloth to avoid the concrete making a mess.
- Pour the concrete into the rectangular frame, up to the level of the plywood.
- Smooth out the surface using a trowel or a spoon.
- Let the Concrete Dry
- Leave the concrete to dry for around 24 hours and make sure it is covered with a cloth or plastic sheet if necessary.
- Once the concrete is hard, use a damp cloth to remove any excess residue or dust.
- Sand down the surface in order to make it smooth.
- Install the Feet and Table Top
- Secure the feet to the bottom of the table frame.
- Attach the table top of your choice to the frame.
Your DIY lightweight concrete coffee table is now complete! Enjoy your unique and creative new décor piece and use it to upgrade and add a modern touch to your home.