How Large Should Your Coffee Table Be?
When shopping for a new coffee table, you may feel overwhelmed with choices and not know which size is best for your home. Coffee tables come in all different shapes and sizes, but you should know what to look for in order to make the best decision.
Choosing the Right Size for You
When picking the right size coffee table for you, there are a few things to consider, such as:
- Size of room – To ensure your coffee table isn’t too large or small for your living room, measure the length and width of the room and compare to coffee tables.
- Space around table – Generally, you should have at least 18 inches of space around the coffee table. This will allow people to move around and pull chairs up to the table.
- Style of furniture – Depending on the style of your furniture, you may want to purchase a smaller or larger coffee table. For example, if you have a larger, more traditional style couch, you may want to go with a bigger coffee table.
A few general size guidelines
When it comes to a coffee table, it’s important to get one that’s the right size and shape for your needs. Here are a few size guidelines to help you decide:
- Standard size – The standard size for a coffee table is 42 inches long and 18 inches wide, but this can vary depending on your room size.
- Small size – If you have a smaller room, the smaller coffee table is best. This size is usually around 30 inches long and 18 inches wide.
- Large size – For larger living rooms or if your couch and chairs are bigger, opt for the larger size of coffee table that is usually around 52 inches long and 24 to 28 inches wide.
When it comes to choosing the right size coffee table for you, use these guidelines and take into account the room size, space around the table, and style of furniture. With just a few simple measurements, you can find the perfect coffee table for your living space.