Choosing the Right Size Round Coffee Table
Whether in the living room, den, or family room, coffee tables can bring the area together, providing the perfect focal point for conversation and entertainment. But of course, one size does not fit all – finding the perfect-fitting round coffee table will depend on several factors like size of the room, sofa size and overall interior design style.
Factors to Consider
Here are some factors to consider when deciding on what size round coffee table to choose:
- Room Measurements: Take note of the room’s measurements (length, width and height). Make sure that your round coffee table is not too big or too small for the room.
- Sofa & Seating Measurements: Measure the sofa and any additional seating in the room. The width and depth of the round coffee table should be roughly two-thirds the length of the sofa, allowing for easy reach from the seating. If chairs are replacing a sofa then measure the distance from chair to chair and allow the same two-thirds ratio.
- Style: Consider what style of round coffee table you prefer and make sure it is in line with the overall interior design style of your home. Whether you fancy a classic, chic, contemporary or low-slung design, find the table that will harmonize with your furniture.
- Quality: Finally, consider the quality of the material and structure. Investing in a well-made, durable round coffee table will save you money over the long run.
When it comes to round coffee tables, the diameter measurement is generally the most important, so here are some recommended dimensions you could use.
- For a small living room, a diameter between 30 and 40 inches is recommended.
- For a medium size room, a diameter of 40 to 48 inches should fit.
- For a large space, go up to 48 to 60 inches.
The height should roughly be the same as that of the seating in the room, usually 16 to 17 inches. Also don’t forget to leave 18 to 24 inches between the sofa and the round coffee table, allowing for easy access.
Now you should be ready to select the right size round coffee table for your home. Just remember to factor in room, seating and style measurements and you will be sure to pick the perfect table that best suits your needs.