How to Take Paint Off of Glass Coffee Cups
Paint on glass coffee cups is an easy mistake to make and can be unsightly. Thankfully, there are a few tactics that you can use to make sure your cups are good as new in no time.
Using a Razor Blade
- Put on protective clothing including gloves and safety glasses.
- Ensure the cup is clean and dry before starting.
- Using a single or double-sided razor blade, scrape off the paint.
- Scrape carefully and slowly, as glass can be damaged easily.
- Gently run the razor blade in small, back and forth motions, while applying very little pressure.
- Once the paint is completely removed, clean the cup with a damp cloth.
- Finding some acetone-based nail polish remover.
- Apply a generous amount of nail polish remover to a cotton swab or rag.
- Gently rub the cotton swab over the painted area of the cup.
- Remember to always use a light touch, as the acetone can easily damage the cup.
- Continue to rub until the paint is removed.
- Clean the cup with some warm soapy water and a damp cloth.
You should now have removed the paint from the glass coffee cup. If the paint doesn’t come off easily, you may need to try one of the methods a few times. With this knowledge, you can now tackle any paint mishaps on your coffee cup and make it look as good as new in no time!