Removing Paint from a Glass Coffee Cup
Is paint on your glass coffee cup ruining your morning ritual? Removing paint from your favorite vessel can be tricky. Here’s how:
Steps to Remove Paint from Your Glass Coffee Cup
- Gather Your Materials. You will need a chef’s knife, rubber gloves, the steel wool pad, vinegar and a few rags.
- Wear Protective Gear. Put on rubber gloves and safety goggles before starting the process of removing the paint.
- Dip the Steel Wool Pad in Vinegar. Submerge the steel wool pad in undiluted white vinegar and let it soak until the vinegar has time to take effect. This could take up to an hour.
- Gently Use the Soaked Steel Wool Pad. Rub the pad of steel wool in cleaned circles over the paint, working your way from the outside inwards. Do not press too hard as the glass can easily scratch.
- Clean with a Rag. To finish the job, wipe down the entire glass with a rag soaked in warm, soapy water.
- Keep the Paint Off for Good. To make sure you don’t get any more paint on your glass coffee cup, apply a very thin layer of cooking oil to the inside and outside of your cup.
By following these steps, you can remove paint from your glass coffee cup and enjoy your morning cup of joe the way it was meant to be enjoyed – free of paint!