How to Take Paint Off of Glass Coffee Cup
Stepping away from the standard mug, glass coffee cups are becoming increasingly popular, allowing you to enjoy your favorite hot beverage in style. Unfortunately, they’re also highly fragile and can easily become stained by paint. So, when you find yourself in need of paint removal, what do you do? Here are some tips to help you take paint off of your glass coffee cup.
Preparing The Cup
- Fill the cup with very hot, soapy water. If you don’t have access to hot water, you can use warm water and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Allow it to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cup with hot water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Removing the Paint
- Moisten a sponge with rubbing alcohol and gently rub the stained area.
- Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and use it to remove any stubborn spots.
- Be careful not to rub too hard, as you could scratch the glass.
- Once the stain is gone, rinse the cup with hot water.
- Dry it with a soft cloth and admire your work!
- If the paint is still there after you’ve tried rubbing alcohol, try using a window cleaner instead.
- Be careful not to use >abrasive cleaners, as they could scratch the glass.
Removing paint from a glass coffee cup may seem like an impossible task, but with the right approach, it can be done. Just remember to use gentle cleansers, be patient, and don’t scrub too hard. With some effort and a bit of know-how, you can get your cup looking like new in no time!