Refinishing a Coffee Table
Refinishing a coffee table can be a relatively fast and easy way to update a room and breathe life into an older piece of furniture. With a few simple supplies, and a few hours of work, you can have a beautiful, brand-new-looking coffee table!
Supplies You’ll Need
- Sandpaper/Electric Sander: This will be used to remove the existing finish from the coffee table.
- Wood Stain: This will be used to create a beautiful matte finish on the table.
- Brush: This will be used to apply the stain to the wood.
- Rags: These will be used to wipe away excess stain.
- Polyurethane: This will be used to protect the finish of the table.
Step-by-Step Refinishing Process
- Prep the Table: Begin by sanding down the entire surface of the table with the sandpaper or electric sander. This will remove any existing finishes and will help the stain adhere better.
- Apply the Stain: Once the sanding is complete, apply the wood stain with the brush, making sure to cover the entire surface. Use the rags to wipe away any excess stain.
- Apply the Polyurethane: Once the stain has set, apply a layer of polyurethane to the entire surface. This will protect the finish and help it to last longer.
With a few simple supplies, and a few hours of work, you can easily refinish an old coffee table and make it look like new again!