How to Cover Up a Chipped Glass Coffee Table
Accidents happen and your glass coffee table may have taken some damage. Whether it’s a small chip on the surface or a larger fracture, it’s important to repair or cover up the damage so that it is still safe and stable to use.
1. Cover with a Tablecloth
To cover up a chipped glass coffee table, one of the easiest solutions is to put a tablecloth on it. Using a cloth designed for use as a table cover will help hide the chip and protect the surface from further damage.
2. Put a Placemat on the Surface
If you prefer not to cover the entire table with a tablecloth, you can put a placemat on it instead. Placemats add some decoration to the table and can also help prevent scratches and chips from getting worse.
3. Use a Plant Pot to Cover the Spot
An attractive and unique way to cover up a chipped glass coffee table is to place a plant pot or small vase on top. This will help fill the chip and make it look like it’s part of the design. You can also decorate the pot to make it look more attractive.
4. Stick on a Decorative Sticker
A fun and easy way to cover up a chipped glass coffee table is to use a decorative sticker. You can find stickers to match any theme or design, making them a great way to add some flair to your table. Just make sure to use a sticker that is waterproof and durable to ensure it will stay in place.
5. Use a Putty or Resin Filler
If you want to repair the chip yourself, you can use a putty or resin filler. This will help fill in the chip and make the table surface smoother and more even. This option is a bit more time consuming and requires some skill, so it’s best for more serious chips.
Tips for Preserving a Glass Coffee Table
- Use coasters – Make sure to use coasters or placemats to protect the surface from scratches and damage.
- Avoid dragging furniture – Don’t drag furniture or other heavy items over the surface. This can cause chips and cracks.
- Clean gently – Use a soft cloth and mild detergent to wipe down the surface. Harsh cleansers or scouring pads can damage the glass.
By using these methods to cover up or repair chipped glass coffee tables, you can be sure to keep them looking their best for longer.