How to Refinish a Chipped Glass Coffee Table
Before beginning the repair, it’s important to gather the necessary supplies. This makes the project much easier, efficient, and less likely to encounter issues.
- Safety glasses and gloves
- Sandpaper (medium and fine grit)
- Shop Vacuum
- Resin filler (epoxy putty or resin in a syringe)
- Flexible plastic knife or putty knife
Prepare the Table
The first step in the repair process is to clean the chipped area with a shop vacuum. This will remove all dirt, dust and debris that may prevent the resin filler from sticking.
- Sand the area around the chip with the medium grit sandpaper to create a texture for the resin to adhere to. This will also help to blend the repair with the existing finish.
- Apply plenty of resin filler into the chip and smooth with the plastic knife.
- Use the fine grit sandpaper to smooth the edges of the chip and feather the repair with the existing finish.
Finishing The Repair
To finish the repair, it’s important to properly clean and seal the area.
- Clean the table with a damp cloth to remove any remaining dust or debris.
- Apply a thin layer of sealant to the repaired area, this will help protect it from future damage.
- Allow the sealant to dry completely before using the table.
And with that, you’ll have perfectly refinished your chipped glass coffee table!