Cleaning a Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee lovers and crew members alike know that keeping a glass coffee pot clean is of the utmost importance. Having a glass pot that is free of residue and dirt ensures that your next cup of coffee is at its best. Here are some steps to follow in order to clean a glass coffee pot.
Cleaning by hand:
- Disassemble the pot: the safest way to properly clean a coffee pot is to take it apart piece by piece. This allows materials to be cleaned individually and makes sure that every nook and cranny of the coffee pot is targeted.
- Rinse: use lukewarm water and rinse every piece of the coffee pot inside and out.
- Wash: use a soft sponge and a mild dish soap to gently scrub any dirt or oil off the inside and outside of the glass pot. Make sure to rinse off all the soap.
- Inspect: look for any crevices and make sure they are free of any dirt or residue.
- Dry: using a soft port of cloth or towel, pat dry every piece before reassembling.
Cleaning with dishwasher:
- Secure: make sure the pot is securely intact. This step becomes more pertinent as the more pieces there are in the pot.
- Use top rack: even if your dishwasher has lower racks, it is best to put the coffee pot on the top. Heat is more prominent in the lower racks and can damage the pot.
- Run cycle: before you start the cycle, make sure that the dishwasher is set to a lower temperature.
No matter if you are cleaning your glass coffee pot by hand or in the dishwasher, always make sure to be gentle and thorough. Taking care of your coffee pot pays off when you are enjoying that cup of coffee.