Cleaning Your Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables can bring a modern, airy look to any room, but keeping your table spotless can be a challenge. Regular cleaning and maintenance are key to keeping the table looking great and making sure it last longer. Here’s how to clean your glass coffee table.
Things Needed to Clean Your Glass Table
- Glass cleaner or a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water
- Microfiber cloth to avoid scratching your table
- Soft brush, such as a toothbrush, to scrub small areas
Steps To Clean Your Glass Table
- Begin by dusting and removing any dried debris with a microfiber or cotton cloth. If there are any items that you can’t remove with a cloth, use a soft brush such as a toothbrush to gently remove debris.
- Spray your glass table with glass cleaner or a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water. Make sure to spray only the table, not the surrounding area.
- Using a microfiber cloth, gently wipe down the table in a circular motion, moving from the top to the bottom.
- For any tough spots or dirt that won’t come up with just the cloth, use a soft brush to scrub in a circular motion. Don’t scrub too hard, as it can leave scratches in the glass.
- Rinse the table with a damp microfiber cloth to remove any residue, and then dry it with a separate clean cloth.
- If you have a glass table with metal accents, you can wipe them with a damp cloth. But avoid spraying metal accents with cleaner, or metal polish, as this can ruin the finish.
Additional Tips to Keep Your Glass Table Clean
- Use coasters to protect your table from moisture damage and rings from mugs and glasses
- Avoid using harsh chemicals, such as bleach, as this can damage your glass table
- Periodically check for scratches and chips and use a clear enamel to repair them
So, if you want to keep your glass coffee table looking its best, regular cleaning and maintenance are key. With the right cleaning supplies and a few steps, you can keep your table spotless and looking new.