How to Clean a Glass Coffee Carafe
If you are a coffee lover, you know first-hand how important it is to properly clean and maintain your coffee carafe. Nothing is worse than trying to enjoy a hot cup of your favorite brew, only to be deterred by the stench of stale coffee or tasting remnants of your last cup. To prevent this, it is essential to carry out routine maintenance of your coffee carafe.
Things You Will Need
- Baking Soda
- Dish Soap
- Soft Brushed Sponge
- Begin by filling the carafe with equal parts warm water and vinegar. Allow the solution to steep for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, pour out the vinegar solution and rinse out the carafe with warm water.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of dish soap and 1 gallon of warm water.
- Using a brush or sponge, scrub the inside and outside of the carafe with the cleaning solution.
- Rinse out the carafe with warm water and then fill the carafe with warm water and a handful of salt. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse out the carafe with warm water and allow it to air dry before using it again.
Proper maintenance and cleaning of your glass coffee carafe will ensure that you always have the best cup of coffee possible. It is also essential to carry out these steps regularly in order to prevent bacteria or other odor-causing bacteria from building up in the carafe. With these simple steps, you can rest assured that your glass coffee carafe is always clean and ready for your next cup of brew!