How to Remove Scratches from a Glass Coffee Table
Maintaining the beautiful look of a glass coffee table can be a difficult task. Due to its fragile nature, the glass can be scratched or scuffed easily. Repairing these imperfections can be a challenge, however, with the right methods, you can make your glass coffee table look like new. Here are some tips on how to remove scratches from a glass coffee table:
Step 1: Preparation
- Gather your materials: You will need a pair of rubber gloves, safety glasses, a microfiber cloth and some automotive rubbing compound.
- Clean the glass: Before beginning, make sure the glass is clean, free of dirt and dust.
- Dry the surface: Dry the surface with a soft cloth and make sure no moisture is present.
Step 2: Rubbing Compound
- Put on safety glasses and gloves.
- Apply a small amount of the rubbing compound to the scratch, working the product into the scratch by rubbing the product in a circular motion.
- Continue to rub the compound on the scratch until the stain is removed. If you need to,you can apply more rubbing compound.
- Once the scratch is gone, wipe down the surface with a clean microfiber cloth to remove the rubbing compound.
Step 3: Polishing
- Once the scratch is gone, use a clean microfiber cloth and some glass polish to polish the surface and make it shine.
- Apply a small amount of the polish to the cloth and rub it in a circular motion.
- Continue polishing until the entire surface is shiny.
You can now enjoy your newly refurbished glass coffee table! With just a few simple steps, you can have a beautiful and sparkling glass surface.
Remember to always wear gloves and safety glasses when applying rubbing compound or polishes to a glass table and never expose it to heat.
Always test the polish and the rubbing compound on a hidden part of the glass table before applying it to the whole surface.