How to Make a Coffee Table
Making your own coffee table is a great way to save money and make a truly unique piece for your home. It can be a fun project, and with the right materials, a rewarding experience. Here’s what you’ll need to know to make a coffee table of your own:
- Lumber (you’ll need enough to make a top and 4-6 legs of the desired length)
- Woodscrews (for attaching the legs and optionally, any bracing)
- A drill (to make pilot holes)
- Sandpaper (to give the table a smooth surface)
- Finish (such as paint, stain, varnish, etc. for a professional finish)
- Finalize Design and Accurate Measurements: Decide the size and shape of your table and ensure all necessary measurements are accurately taken.
- Purchase Materials: Visit a hardware store and purchase the necessary materials listed above.
- Cut, Sand and Drill: Cut the necessary pieces of lumber, sand down the edges, and drill pilot holes as necessary.
- Assemble Table: Screw together all the pieces to form the table top, and then attach the legs.
- Finishing Touches: Seal the wood with your desired finish, and you’re done!
The whole process may seem intimidating at first glance, but with a bit of patience, you can make a beautiful, useable coffee table that you can be proud of. Plus, having a homemade coffee table will be great conversation starter and sure to be enjoyed by family and friends.