How to Clean a Glass Coffee Pot
A glass coffee pot is an essential part of every coffee lover’s kitchen, however, it needs regular maintenance and cleaning to keep it in top shape. Here we will discuss the steps to keep your glass coffee pot clean and brewing delicious coffee.
- Dismantle: Begin by dismantling the pot. Remove the lid and filter, if present. Take out the carafe, too.
- Soak: Fill your sink full of hot, soapy water and soak your dismantled glass coffee pot for 15 minutes.
- Scrub: After the pot has soaked, take out separate pieces and scrub each piece using a soft sponge and more soapy water. Pay special attention to any stained areas.
- Rinse: Rinse all the pieces with fresh water to remove the soap.
- Sanitize: For added sanitation, wipe down all the pieces with white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Dry: Finally, dry with a soft cloth and reassemble your pot.
- To prevent water spots from forming, clean your glass coffee pot immediately after use.
- If your glass pot or its pieces have cooked-on stains or grease, fill the pieces with hot water and add two tablespoons of baking soda. Allow the solution to sit in the pieces overnight, and scrub off the stains in the morning.
With regular maintenance and proper cleaning, you can keep your glass coffee pot in top condition and ensure that each cup of coffee it brews is delicious.