How To Clean Your Glass Coffee Pot
Cleaning a glass coffee pot doesn’t take too much time and it’s an easy chore that can make a big difference in the quality of your coffee. Here’s how to clean your glass coffee pot properly:
- Gather cleaning supplies: Gathering all the materials you need is key to properly cleaning your coffee pot. You will need a cleaning product such as baking soda or vinegar, an abrasive like a scrub brush or sponge, and warm water.
- Empty the pot: Carefully remove any old grounds from the pot. Rinse it with warm water and a bit of mild dish soap until it’s clean.
- Make a solution: Mix together a cleaning solution of one part water and one part baking soda or vinegar. Pour the mixture into the coffee pot, and fill it up to the “max” fill line.
- Let it sit: Let the solution sit in the coffee pot for at least 20 minutes. This will allow the solution to dissolve any built-up coffee deposits and loosen any stuck-on debris.
- Scrub the pot: Use the abrasive to scrub the walls of the pot to loosen and remove any stubborn stains. Be sure to cover the entire inside of the pot, including the bottom, to get a thorough clean.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse out the pot with warm water and let it air dry before using it again.
Cleaning your glass coffee pot regularly will help ensure it stays in good condition and produces quality coffee. Other maintenance tips include:
- Clean and rinse the pot after each use to avoid the buildup of residue.
- After the cleaning solution has been left to sit in the pot, you can also scrub it with a soft cloth or paper towel to make sure all of the debris has been removed.
- Once the pot is dry, place it in a dry area to avoid moisture buildup.
Hopefully these steps have helped you get your glass coffee pot looking and smelling like new. With regular cleaning and maintenance, your coffee will stay hot and flavorful for many cups to come.