Cleaning a Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee makers have become a standard appliance in many households. But, did you know that your coffee pot needs regular maintenance? Cleaning a glass coffee pot is simple, and can ensure that you have the best-tasting coffee every day.
What you need
Cleaning a glass coffee pot only requires a few common household items. Here is what you will need to get started:
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Warm Water
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to get started:
- Start by removing any filters, lids or other pieces from the coffee pot.
- Mix ¼ cup of baking soda and 1 quart of warm water in a bowl.
- Once the solution is mixed, use a soft scrub brush to apply the mixture to the inside of the coffee pot.
- Once the mixture is applied, rinse off the cleaning solution with warm water.
- Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 quart of warm water in a bowl.
- Once the solution is mixed, use a soft scrub brush to apply the mixture to the outside of the coffee pot.
- Once the mixture is applied, rinse off the solution with warm water.
Maintenance and Tips
You should clean your glass coffee pot at least once a month. This will help ensure that your coffee is always tasting its best. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your coffee pot looking and performing its best:
- Descale your coffee pot regularly. This will help keep your coffee tasting its best.
- Do not use an abrasive scrubber on your glass coffee pot. This can cause scratches and damage to the pot.
- Be sure to rinse off all cleaning solution after cleaning your coffee pot.
- You can also use a coffee cleaner with a special glass pot cleaner attachment.
Cleaning your glass coffee pot is an important part of maintaining your coffee maker. Following this simple cleaning guide will help ensure that your coffee tastes its best.