Keeping Your Glass Coffee Pot Sparkling Clean
Having a glass coffee pot in your kitchen adds to the overall aesthetic of the space, but keeping it clean and sparkling can take some effort. Here are some tips to help you keep your coffee pot looking beautiful and functioning properly.
No matter what kind of coffee pot or coffee maker you have, it’s important to clean it regularly. A general recommendation is to clean it every two weeks, but if you are making a pot of coffee every day, then you ought to clean it weekly to keep it running efficiently.
When it comes to cleaning the glass parts of your coffee pot, there are a few different methods.
- Vinegar – A solution of white vinegar and warm water make a fantastic cleaning solution that can cut through grease, soap scum, and mineral deposits.
- Baking Soda – For tougher stains, you can use a combination of baking soda and water to scrub away residue.
- Store-bought Coffee Pot Cleaners – For those who need an even more powerful cleaner, there are store-bought coffee pot cleaners.
Instructions for Cleaning
- Empty and Rinse – First, empty out any old coffee grounds, and give the pot a thorough rinse with warm water.
- Fill with Cleaner – Fill the pot with the cleaner of your choice, and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub the Interior – Use a non-abrasive cloth or sponge to scrub the interior surfaces of the pot to remove any caked-on residue.
- Rinse Again – Once you’re done scrubbing, rinse the pot and lid thoroughly with clean water.
- Allow to Air-Dry – Finally, once you’ve cleaned and rinsed the pot, allow it to air-dry.
Making Sure Your Coffee Pot Stays Clean
After you have your coffee pot clean and sparkling, it’s important that you take care of it and make sure it stays clean. A few things to keep in mind include:
- Be sure to keep the lid closed to avoid dust and dirt from settling on the pot.
- Be sure to empty out the old grounds before you start a new pot of coffee.
- Make sure you are using clean water when brewing each pot, as this will help reduce mineral buildup.
Keeping a glass coffee pot clean doesn’t have to be a hassle. By following a few simple steps, you can keep your pot looking beautiful and functioning properly.