How Big Should a Coffee Table be for a Sectional?
Having an attractive, comfortable sectional in your living room is great, but without a properly sized and well placed coffee table, it can seem incomplete.
Tips for Selecting the Right Coffee Table
- Consider the size of the room where your sectional and the coffee table will be placed. Bigger rooms are sometimes better suited for oversized tables, while smaller ones may call for modestly sized tables.
- Measure the length and width of the sectional, and compare it to the dimensions of whatever coffee table you’re interested in. The length of the coffee table should be significantly longer than the length of the sectional it’s going with.
- Be mindful of the height of the coffee table and the distance it’s placed from the sectional. The table should have enough clearance that people can sit and stand without having to do any stretching or reaching.
What Could Go Wrong?
- If the coffee table is too small, it will look out of place with the sectional.
- If it’s too big, it could make the room feel cramped and overwhelm the sectional.
- If it’s placed at the wrong distance from the sectional, it could be difficult to access items.
Finding the perfect coffee table for a sectional can be a bit tricky, but take some measurements, consider the size of the room, and pay special attention to the height and placement of the table, and you can find the perfect balance.