Do Coffee Tables and End Tables Have to Match?
When it comes to matching furniture in a living room or other area in the home, many people wonder if they should match their coffee table to the end table. This question is a matter of personal taste, but there are some important things to consider before making your decision.
Types of Matching Furniture
When discussing matching furniture, there are a few different types:
- Complete Match: This is when all pieces of furniture such as tables, chairs, cabinets and sofas are the exact same style and color.
- Relative Match: This is when pieces of furniture are a similar style, but not exact matches.
- Contrasting: This is when pieces of furniture are intentionally different and meant to stand out against each other.
How to Decide on Matching Tables
When it comes to deciding whether to match your coffee table to your end table, there are some things to consider:
- Size: If the coffee and end tables are close in size, then it may be helpful to match them to create a uniform look.
- Color: If there is a large color contrast between the two pieces, then they may look better if they are matched.
- Style: If the end table and coffee table are from the same collection, then it is likely best to match them.
- Budget: If you have a limited budget for furniture, then it is easiest to match your pieces as much as possible.
Ultimately, whether you choose to match your coffee table to the end table is up to you and your aesthetic preference. But it is important to consider the size, color, style and budget for your furniture before making your decision.