The Pros and Cons of Putting Your Feet on the Coffee Table
It’s so easy to get comfortable, flopping onto the sofa and popping up your feet onto the coffee table. But is this really the best thing to do? After all it’s not exactly a good impression if you are entertaining guests in your home. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of putting your feet on the coffee table.
- It’s Relaxing: There’s nothing quite like propping up your feet when you’re watching television or relaxing after a long day.
- It Puts You at Ease: Some people find it calming to rest their feet on the coffee table as it provides them with a sense of comfort.
- It’s Versatile: You can use the coffee table for more than just propping up your feet, it can also be used as a place to set food, drinks, games and of course, books.
- It May Damage the Table: Putting your feet on the coffee table may cause scratches or dents in the surface.
- It’s Not Very Polite: If guests have come over, it’s not a good idea to put your feet up on the table. It’s considered to be an abrasive and rude behaviour in many cultures.
- It Could Be Uncomfortable: Depending on the type of table you have, putting your feet on it could be quite uncomfortable, especially if the surface is hard or sharp.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons of putting your feet on the coffee table. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and the individual situation. If you’re planning on entertaining guests, you may want to refrain from putting your feet on the table for the sake of politeness. But if you’re just hanging out with close friends, propping up your feet on the table shouldn’t be an issue.