Do Coffee Tables Need to Match TV Stands?
When it comes to furnishing a living room, matching furniture can be a great solution for creating a cohesive and stylish look. But does this requirement extend to coffee tables and TV stands? Here, we explore the benefits of both matching and mismatching for the perfect look.
Matching Coffee Table and TV Stand
The classic and ever-popular combination of matching furniture is timeless as it looks visually pleasing and adds a sense of continuity throughout the space. A matching coffee table and TV stand often ties together a room in terms of colour, style, and texture. This would work particularly well in more traditional, formal settings.
Benefits of Matching Coffee Table and TV Stand:
- Bold Statement: A coordinated set of furniture can create a real impact and even statement in a living room.
- Functionality: Matching coffee table and TV stand are typically designed to have complementary heights, as well as create a shared functional area that’s both pleasing and practical.
- Clean Lines: A matched coffee table and TV stand creates a space that is aesthetically pleasing and tidy.
Mismatched Coffee Table and TV Stand
On the other hand, mismatched furniture can lead to a playful and creative living room where the different elements ‘talk’ to each other but in a subtle and sophisticated way. This look is the perfect way to style an eclectic interior without too much colour.
Benefits of Mismatched Coffee Table and TV Stand:
- Uniqueness: By using mismatched furniture, each piece can be given its own identity, showcasing your eclectic style in an original and stylish way.
- Lower Costs: Creating a look with mismatched furniture can often be much less expensive than buying an entire suite.
- Interest: By complementing each item with different materials, shapes and sizes, each item stands out to create an interesting and unique living space.
The key to creating a successful outcome when opting to mismatch the furniture is to keep the overall aesthetic of the room in check. The best way to do this is by ensuring that the two pieces have something in common and that these common components are in line with the overall style of the room.
It is completely up to you as to whether you want to match or mismatch your furniture, but whatever layout you choose, it is important to make sure that it is both practical and stylish.