Do Living Rooms Need a Coffee Table?
With furniture ranging from comfy sofas to shelves and tables, it can be overwhelming choosing the right furnishing pieces for your living room. Among the most popular items is the all-important coffee table, which, of course, begs the question; do living rooms really need coffee tables? Let’s break it down:
Benefits of Owning a Coffee Table
- Practical Storage: Coffee tables provide a stylish, yet practical surface on which to store and display items. Depending on the style and design, you may even be able to store items (such as magazines) inside.
- Versatile Item: Coffee tables can act as the centrepiece for your living space and make it look more inviting. As it can be moved and repurposed, it can be used for extra storage and even art display.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Last but not least, there’s no denying that coffee tables are great for adding a more harmonious look to your living space by visually tying the whole room together.
The Drawbacks to Keeping a Coffee Table
As great as coffee tables are, there are still some drawbacks that may prevent you from wanting one or calling your living room incomplete without one.
- Aesthetics: Depending on the design of your living room, a coffee table may simply not contend with the style and aesthetics you are trying to achieve.
- Size: Furthermore, there is always the issue of size. Depending on the size of your living space, a coffee table may prove too large or too small.
- Space Restrictions: In addition, there are also the space restrictions to take into consideration; if your living room isn’t even large enough to have one, a coffee table simply isn’t an option.
At the end of the day, the decision whether or not to own a coffee table comes down to personal preference and whether its presence suits the style and size of your living room.