Do Glass Coffee Tables Scratch Easily?
Glass coffee tables are modern, sleek and stylish pieces of furniture. Many people ask if glass coffee tables scratch easily.
Factors That Affect Scratch-Resistance
Glass coffee tables are made of either tempered or annealed glass. The type affects the scratch-resistance of the table.
- Tempered Glass – Tempered glass is more resistant to scratches compared to annealed glass however, it will still show scratches.
- Annealed Glass – Annealed glass is more susceptible to scratches and shows scratches more clearly than tempered glass.
No matter what type of glass you have for a coffee table, there are some practical steps you can take to prevent scratches on it.
- Clean Regularly – Wipe your coffee table regularly with a damp cloth. This will help to keep dust and dirt away and reduce any abrasive force that may cause scratching.
- Avoid Abrasive Materials – Don’t place items on the table’s surface that are abrasive or contain rough edges.
- Use Mats or Coasters – Mats or coasters protect the glass from being directly scratched by items placed on them.
Glass coffee tables are stylish, modern pieces of furniture; however, they can scratch easily. It is important to take steps to prevent scratches from happening. Choosing tempered glass is a better option for scratch resistance. Additionally, regular cleaning, avoiding abrasive materials, and using mats or coasters will help to keep your coffee table looking new.