Refinishing a Wood Coffee Table
Refinishing a wood coffee table can take some time and effort, but the results are worth it! With the right tools, refinishing your coffee table can give it a new lease of life.
Steps for Refinishing a Wood Coffee Table
- Remove Old Finish: First, remove the old finish from the surface of the table using a chemical stripper. Follow the instructions on the bottle and be sure to wear protective gear at all times.
- Sand the Table: Once the old finish is gone, use a power sander to sand the surface smooth. Use 120-grit paper and finish off with a finer grit paper – 180-240.
- Apply Finish: Now, you can apply the finish of your choice: varnish, stain, paint, or wax. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product for best results.
Tips for Refinishing a Wood Coffee Table
- Read up on the best finishes for your type of wood.
- Take your time and go slow to get the best results.
- Look at the end results before committing to a finish.
- Be sure to use the right safety gear when handling chemicals.
Refinishing a wood coffee table takes some effort, but the results speak for themselves. With the right materials and a bit of patience, you can give your coffee table a new lease of life.