Putting Your Feet on Glass Coffee Tables: Pros and Cons
Glass coffee tables have become increasingly popular over the past few years due to their stylish look, yet many people still remain uncertain over the question of whether you should put your feet on it or not. The answer is not a simple one and as a result, here are the pros and cons of doing so:
- Protection: Putting your feet on the table is a form of protection for the surface as it prevents damage from things like scratches, nicks, and water rings.
- Style: Putting your feet on the table can also make it look stylish; the contrast between your body and the glass is quite pleasing to the eye.
- Fabric Protection: In some cases, putting your feet on the table protects the table’s fabric, as it prevents the fabric from becoming stained.
- Pressure: Putting your feet on the table can put too much pressure on the glass and as a result, weaken it.
- Unsightly: Putting your feet on the table can also be seen as messy and unsightly.
- Dirt: Putting your feet on the table with shoes on can transfer dirt and dust to the glass.
To sum it up, it really depends on the context and you should use your discretion when deciding if feet on the table is an appropriate behaviour. On the one hand, it can add a touch of style, yet on the other hand, it could leave the table weakened or stained.