Can You Put a Glass Coffee Pot On The Stove?
Many people want to know if it is safe to put their glass coffee pot on the stove. The answer is yes, you can put a glass coffee pot on the stove, but there are some precautions you should take. Here is an overview of basic steps that should be taken to ensure your safety when placing a glass coffee pot on the stove.
When heating a glass coffee pot on the stove, the temperature of the stovetop should not exceed medium heat. High temperatures can lead to cracking, warping, and other damage to the glass.
Slow Temperature Increase
Whenever possible, it is best to allow the heat of the stovetop to slowly increase. This will help to prevent any possible cracking or damage to the glass.
Use of Heat Diffuser
In some instances, it may be helpful to use a heat diffuser between the stovetop and the glass coffee pot. A heat diffuser helps to spread the heat evenly, making it less likely that the glass will crack or break.
- Never leave glassware unattended on a stovetop.
- For best results, use a low setting on the stovetop.
- Never put a cold glass coffee pot on a hot stovetop.
- Always place the glass coffee pot on a STABLE surface.
- Never place glassware on a NON-FLAT surface.
- Allow the glass coffee pot to cool before attempting to move it.
By following the safety tips and precautions outlined above, you can safely put a glass coffee pot on the stove without fear of it breaking or cracking. However, it is still a good idea to closely monitor the glass while it is on the stove, and to never leave it unattended.