Can You Get a Scratch Out of a Glass Coffee Table?
It can be an all-too-common scenario. You are sipping on your morning coffee while enjoying a quiet morning in your living room. You suddenly notice a scratch on your glass coffee table.
You don’t know how it happened, but now you have to figure out a way to get rid of it so your table can look as beautiful as it did before.
This article will explain the best way to get rid of scratches on a glass coffee table so you can keep it in pristine condition.
What You Will Need
In order to remove a scratch from your glass coffee table, you will need the following:
- Lint-free cloths
- Scratch-removing compound
Steps to Follow
- Clean the Table – The first step you need to take is to clean the glass coffee table with a lint-free cloth and Windex. Be sure to thoroughly clean the entire tabletop to ensure proper scratch removal.
- Apply Scratch-Removing Compound – Next you will need to apply a scratch-removing compound to the scratch. Apply a small amount to the area and use a lint-free cloth to rub the compound into the scratch in a circular motion. This will help to smooth out the surface and reduce the appearance of the scratch.
- Wipe it off – After applying the compound, use a damp cloth to remove the excess and make sure the area is clean.
- Apply Toothpaste – For deeper scratches, you may need to apply a small amount of toothpaste to the area. This will help to fill in any gaps and make the scratch less noticeable.
- Wipe Off Toothpaste – Use a damp cloth to remove the toothpaste. You may need to repeat this step a few times to make sure the area is completely clean and the scratch is gone.
By following these steps, you can restore your glass coffee table to its original condition. With a little bit of elbow grease, you can get rid of any scratches and enjoy your beautiful table once more.