Can You Cook Popcorn in a Glass Coffee Pot?
Cooking popcorn in a glass coffee pot is an unconventional, yet effective way to make the snack. You can make a big batch quickly and without the mess of a regular stove-top or air-popped popcorn maker. Here’s what you need to know to make your popcorn in a glass coffee pot:
Provide Proper Protection
When you use a glass coffee pot to make popcorn, you run the risk of the hot kernels shattering the pot. In order to reduce this risk, make sure to do the following steps:
- Cover the outside of your coffee pot with a tea towel or oven mitts
- Put the popcorn directly into the pot, not into the filter basket
- Set the stove burner to low heat and use a low flame
- Stir the popcorn continuously while it cooks
How to Make Popcorn in a Glass Coffee Pot
Once you have your safety items correctly in place and you’ve read the following instructions, you can make popcorn in your glass coffee pot:
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the pot
- Put the pot over the low heat burner
- Add kernels to the pot according to the instructions for your popcorn brand
- Cover the pot and wait until the popcorn starts popping
- Once the popcorn starts popping, stir it to prevent burning
- Once the popping slows, remove the pot from the heat
You can enjoy your popcorn right away or season it with butter, salt and any other flavors you like.
Cooking popcorn in a glass coffee pot is a great alternative to traditional stove-top and air-popped popcorn makers. It’s quick, easy and with the proper precautions, won’t result in a broken pot. Take the time to understand the process and all the safety measurements needed and you will have a delicious snack in no time at all.