Can You Cook Popcorn In A Glass Coffee Pot?
Making popcorn from scratch is a great and cheap way of making tasty treats. Lots of people are trying to make popcorn using their coffee pot but, can you really cook popcorn in a glass coffee pot?
Glass coffee pots are not designed for cooking popcorn due to the risk of the glass cracking. Also, coffee pots usually do not reach the temperatures necessary for popping corn kernels as they are designed for boiling water – not popping popcorn.
Rather than using a coffee pot to make movie theatre style popcorn, there are plenty of alternative ways to make popcorn:
- Air Poppers– these are pop corn makers that use hot air to heat the corn kernels, making the best tasting popcorn.
- Pros- Can be used repeatedly and doesn’t give off a burnt smell.
- Cons- Relatively expensive.
- Stove-Top Pans– A good alternative to an air popper.
- Pros- Can be used repeatedly, can be made with few ingredients, and doesn’t give off a burnt smell.
- Cons- Requires some skill to get the perfect texture.
- Microwave Popcorn Bags– Convenient and mess free.
- Pros- Quick and easy to make.
- Cons- Can be unhealthy depending on the ingredients.
In conclusion, although it may be tempting to give it a try, it is not possible to cook popcorn in a glass coffee pot. There are many alternative options available that are more convenient – as well as being safer.