Can You Cook Popcorn in a Glass Coffee Pot?
Do you have a glass coffee pot sitting around your home, but aren’t sure if you can use it for anything other than coffee? Here’s some good news – you can use it to make popcorn!
What You’ll Need:
- Glass Coffee Pot
- 1/4-1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pour vegetable oil and popcorn kernels into the glass coffee pot.
- Secure the lid of the pot firmly.
- Put the pot on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Shake the pot while it is on the heat, in order to avoid burning the kernels.
- When you hear kernels of popcorn popping, wait 1-2 seconds and remove the pot from the heat.
- Sprinkle popcorn with salt and let cool before serving.
Benefits of Making Popcorn in a Glass Coffee Pot
- Making popcorn in a glass coffee pot is healthier than microwave popcorn, because you can control the amount of oil used.
- The glass coffee pot distributes heat evenly and so that the popcorn does not burn.
- The glass coffee pot is easier to clean than a microwavable popcorn maker.
Making popcorn in a glass coffee pot is a great way to bring a bit of variety to your snack time!