Can You Cook Popcorn in a Glass Coffee Pot?
Cooking popcorn with a glass coffee pot is a great way to make a tasty snack while avoiding the mess and hassle of a traditional popper. Unlike a microwave popper, this method permits you to control the amount of salt and other seasonings you use. Here’s what you need to know about cooking popcorn in a glass coffee pot.
Ingredients & Supplies
- Popcorn kernels
- Butter or oil (optional)
- Salt and other seasonings (optional)
- Glass coffee pot
- Add a scoop of popcorn kernels to the bottom of the glass coffee pot. (2-3 scoops should make about 2 cups of popcorn.)
- Add a few tablespoons of butter or oil if desired.
- Add salt or other spices to taste if desired.
- Securely attach the lid of the coffee pot.
- Place the pot on a burner over medium high heat.
- As the popcorn begins to pop, shake the pot gently over the flame, making sure that the pot does not overheat and become too hot to handle. Shut off heat once popping has slowed to about 1-2 kernels per second.
- Carefully remove the pot from the burner, as the pot and its contents will be hot.
- Enjoy your freshly cooked popcorn!
- Do not leave the pot unattended as it heats up, as it can become hot quickly.
- Do not overheat the pot, as this can cause the glass to break.
- Always carefully lift the lid off the pot once done heating, as the steam from the popcorn can cause hot splashes.
Cooking popcorn in a glass coffee pot is a safe and easy way to make a tasty snack. With a few simple steps, you can enjoy freshly popped popcorn in minutes!