Can I Put a Glass Coffee Pot on the Stove?
Making the perfect cup of coffee can be achieved in several ways. The classic method is to use a heat source and a glass pot. But can you put a glass coffee pot on the stove?
Pros & Cons
Putting a glass pot on the stove is not without its merits, but it also comes with some drawbacks. Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons:
- Pros: Easy to use, doesn’t take up much counter space, comes with a glass handle to protect your hand from heat, can be used on an electric or gas stove.
- Cons: Can easily be damaged due to its delicate construction, can break due to sudden changes in temperature, difficult to clean, and can be dangerous if used improperly.
If you are going to use a glass coffee pot on the stove, make sure you take the necessary safety precautions.
- Always make sure the glass is completely dry before placing it on the stove.
- Start on a low flame, and increase the heat gradually.
- Don’t walk away from the stove; stay close to monitor the temperature.
- Always use an oven mitt when handling the glass.
- Be careful when moving the pot around; don’t slam it onto the stove.
Using a glass pot on the stove can be a great way to make a delicious cup of coffee. It’s easy to use and doesn’t take up much counter space. However, it’s important to use caution and follow safety tips to ensure your safety when using a glass pot on the stove.