Can a Glass Coffee Pot Explode?
A glass coffee pot can seem like a harmless kitchen appliance, but there is the potential for them to explode, particularly when used incorrectly. For example, if the pot is heated with a burner turned up too high, the heat can cause an overly rapid rise in the temperature of the glass and cause an implosion as the pot shatters.
The most common causes of glass carafe explosions
- Putting a glass carafe on a hot surface
- Using an improper amount of water
- Not using a proper filter
- Not following the manufacturer’s instructions
If you use a glass carafe, it’s important to follow the proper safety precautions. Make sure you use the right type of filter for your machine, pour the right amount of water into the carafe, and never put the carafe on a hot surface. Lastly, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure your carafe is used correctly.
Safety Tips To Prevent Coffee Pot Explosions
- Always put a filter in the basket before you put the carafe in place.
- Never overfill the carafe.
- Never place the carafe on a burner or stove, as it can easily overheat.
- Don’t leave the carafe on a hot surface for long periods of time.
- Be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your carafe.
Taking these precautionary steps will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable brewing experience with your glass coffee pot.