Are Glass Coffee Tables Out of Style?
Glass coffee tables have been a design staple for decades now, but there has been a lot of speculation recently about whether or not they are still in style. To answer this question we need to look at the pros and cons of glass coffee tables and decide if they fit with designs of today.
The Pros of Glass Coffee Tables
- Transparency: Glass coffee tables can create a sense of space in a room, making it appear larger than it actually is. This is because the glass is nearly invisible which gives the room a more open feeling.
- Versatile: Glass coffee tables fit in with most designs and can be easily moved around if you ever want to switch up the look in your home.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike wood, glass is very easy to clean, so it won’t require much effort to keep it looking pristine.
The Cons of Glass Coffee Tables
- Cost: Glass coffee tables can be expensive to purchase and even more expensive to replace if they break.
- Safety: If your glass coffee table were to break it could shatter, resulting in a very dangerous situation.
Are Glass Coffee Tables Still in Style?
Glass coffee tables are still very much in style, but they must be used in moderation. They should be paired with other furnishings that can soften the look in order to create a balanced stylish space. The key is to find the right balance of glass and other design elements that can keep your home looking modern and stylish.