Are Glass Coffee Tables Out of Style?
Coffee tables used to primarily be made of wood, but with the modern aesthetic of glass gaining popularity the classic glass table has become increasingly commonplace. The problem is that tastes and fashions are often changing, so does this mean that glass coffee tables have become out of style?
The Pros of Glass Coffee Tables
- Glamorous – Glass coffee tables tend to have a slightly glamorous and modern look compared to wooden alternatives, making them a great choice for rooms where you want to add a bit of sparkle.
- Light and Space – The use of glass makes the table look much lighter than a wooden one, and when put in a smaller space it can help to make it look much bigger.
- Easy Clean – Maintenance is minimal as you don’t need to wax or varnish it, just a quick wipe with a soft cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
The Cons of Glass Coffee Tables
- Fragile – Glass is more fragile than wood, and if it is not reinforced with a metal frame it can shatter or easily crack.
- Style – There are a lot of different styles of wood coffee tables, but glass tables tend to look quite plain.
- Reflections – There can be too much light reflecting off of a glass coffee table, making it difficult to see what’s on the table.
Conclusion: Are Glass Coffee Tables Out of Style?
When it comes to coffee tables, glass may be out of style if you are looking for an ultra-trendy table. However, if you want a modern and glamorous look, or to save space while displaying a lot of items, then glass is still the way to go.